Making a Positive Difference with Sensing Nature
Sensing Nature's Ecotourism Principles
--partially adopted from the International Ecotourism Society
To Sensing Nature, ecotourism is about ethically connecting people with outdoor learning experiences, conservation, communities and sustainable travel.
This means that when we invite others to participate in ecotourism activities with us, we expect that our Sensing Nature staff and guests will follow the following ecotourism principles:
- Minimize any impacts.
- Avoid disturbing wildlife, plants and cultural resources.
- Value the resource about profits, gained knowledge and personal pleasure.
- Provide financial benefits for conservation.
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
- Provide positive experiences for both ourselves, the host location and community.
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Follow all laws and help others to understand why this is important.
- Support like-minded businesses, organizations and entities.
- Raise sensitivity to host countries' political, environmental, and social climate.